This is one of the two dramas that I binge-watch to death😂😂😂( the other one is Arthdal Chronicles). I finished this at 4:30 am.😁 My reasons?
- I love Ji Sung 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤. I first saw him in Kill Me, Heal Me and I instantly become a huge fan. He’s so good in acting and he didn’t disappoint me not even once.
- I find medical drama interesting. How the Korean dramas and films deliver medical emergencies/procedures so realistic was amazing.
- Social commentary. This tackles the most sensitive issue in medical world the Euthanasia or dying with dignity.
- Character development. Every characters had their own side story and identity.
- Pain, death and emphaty. These are less tackled in medical drama. Others just focus on the lives and struggles of the doctors but this one focus more on the suffering of the patients. Watching how Doctor John emphatically deal with the patients made me hope and believe that there are still good doctors out there not only care about doctor’s fee😁
- Chemistry. Well, it’s not that much. This is a slow burn romance but worth the wait. Glaring and knowing someone cares for you is enough for me 🖤🖤🖤. Since I’m not much into cliche cheesy romance thingy😁😁😁. Doctor So Yong did much effort of showing her love to Doctor Yo Han in a very unique and touching ways.💖💖💖💖
- Thrill. What made this binge-watch worthy is the thrill you will feel in each episode. The uncommon pain/diseases the patient suffering are like mysterious killers being hunt by the investigators (doctor).
- Superb screenplay, well portrayed characters, beautiful OST👏👏👏👏
This series made me realize that pain and death is inevitable but staying by the side of someone who is in pain helps reducing the pain. We could never say we understand their pain until we feel it ourselves.
I don’t know if I’m I crybaby, but I cried so much in this series. This made me fell inlove with Ji Sung more🖤🖤🖤🖤😍😍😍
Review by Zussette Candelario-Aplaon